Thursday, July 28, 2011

One Good Thing Happened

I got the job, I got the job... I start the job on 8/15!  I'm beyond grateful and relieved. I'm moving away from 13 years in telecom and venturing out into a new endeavor.  Ready for this... wait for it... the anticipation is driving you mad, I know... INSURANCE.  I know!  I know... it's beyond thrilling.  Okay, maybe it's not thrilling.  But it's not telecom and it pays ok and it's with a very strong company who offers awesome benefits and I get to start off with 2 weeks more vacation time than what I have now.  How can that not be great?  So, yeah.. something good happened and it feels so so so great!  Sometimes I can convince myself that we are cursed, in light of the horrible things that have befallen us in this past year. So, in some goofy way I feel like this is a sign that we aren't cursed and that perhaps more good things can come our way.  The tiniest smidgen of hope has trickled back into my soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment