"It's the words that sing. They soar and descend... I bow to them... I love them, cling to them, I run them down, I bite into them, I melt them down... I love words so much..." Pablo Neruda
Monday, February 8, 2010
Mayer Rd
I drove by Mayer Road tonight, as I have so many times. Many, many times... without thought or pause. But tonight as I drove by I looked as long and as hard as I could. Tried to see around the cul de sac as far as I could, around the bend, to the green house where part of my heart still resides. Where the most important days and nights were spent with the people I loved the most. It was the place I'd go when I needed to go home... when I had no home. 68 Mayer Rd, where I was unconditionally loved and cared for. Where the kitchen smelled like onions, peppers and boiled chicken. Where tea was offered and everything was familiar... everything. I miss them. I miss that house... and tonight for whatever reason, it hurt. I need them so much.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment